Well Michael is gone for bootcamp. He officially won't leave until tomorrow but had to be dropped off today. We went to his high school so he could tell all of his friends & commanders goodbye. Keesa, his girlfriend was there & drove him to the Navy center. His highschool has an ROTC program so I was able to see some of what he's been doing for the past few years.
I feel really sorry for his girlfriend, her dad is also in the Navy & just last week he was shipped to Iraq for 3 years. Now she's losing her boyfriend:(
I'm really sad & have that old feeling of suffocating (not literally suffocating, just from being sad & depressed). He will be gone for 2 months, come back for a week or so, & then off to school in Pensacola. So he's more less gone for good. He was excited but also sad that he had to leave family & friends.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Michael's Gone to Bootcamp
Posted by Sherri at 4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Its so hard to "leave" them, but wait until he comes home from boot camp, he will return a man. I swear, something about boot camp changes the kids. He choose an awesome job too. How exciting for him!!
Post a Comment